Step 1: Be able to answer “yes” to the following:
- Have lived in Tulsa County for at least one year
- You (and your spouse) are a legal citizen of the United States
- Meet Tulsa Habitat for Humanity’s income guidelines and credit standards
- Acknowledge and accept the responsibilities of home ownership
- Be willing and able to complete a certain amount of hours for the program in preparation for constructing your own home with Tulsa Habitat
- Your current living conditions could possibly be declared sub-standard
Click here to download the ELIGIBILITY QUESTIONNAIRE
This can be printed from this website or picked up at the Habitat office, Monday-Friday, 8:30 to 5:00. You will also need to bring a personal Credit Report processed within 30 days of the application. You can obtain FREE Credit Reports on-line.
Once you have completed the application in its entirety, please return it to Tulsa Habitat for Humanity for review.
Once a family has been approved and accepts an invitation to become part of the program, they begin a journey to complete a 300-350 hour program. Families have completed this part of the program in as little as 6 months, but for most it will take 8-14 months, dependent on how diligent a family is about completing hours. After completing their hours, a family will pick a property owned by Habitat and will build their home along with volunteers and licensed contractors. The size of homes is determined by the size of the family and gender of their children.